The FDCPA Boot Camp: Suing Debt Collectors Just Got Easier.
More than 1,000 lawyers from across all 50 states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico have attended the FDCPA Boot Camp. Every one of them walked away with greater insight, better instinct, and a sharper sense of what makes a great FDCPA case. The boot camp is an intensive, hands-on curriculum designed to help you launch your Plaintiff's FDCPA practice immediately. The boot camp is taught by Pete Barry, one of the most-well known consumer lawyers in America. It's practical training based upon not just theory, but practice. Pete has personally handled thousands of FDCPA cases since 1996 and has consulted on countless others around the country. You simply will not find a better or more approachable method anywhere to learn the FDCPA. In addition to all the nuts and bolts of an active and successful FDCPA practice, you also get an unrivaled federal litigation forms database on a handy USB drive to get you started. The boot camp lasts two days and is held multiple times throughout the year and around the country, as announced. The boot camp is a multi-media and information-packed instruction on bringing Fair Debt Collection Practices Act claims for consumers.
Next Boot Camp
February 10-11, 2020
Register for Boot Camp
Terms and Conditions
- I hereby apply to attend the FDCPA Boot Camp and agree to all of the following Terms and Conditions. I will not receive a refund of my registration fee unless my application is rejected.
- I have read the FDCPA Boot Camp brochure on this website and agree to all of the terms in it. I am an attorney member of NACA, NACBA, NOSSCR, Legal Aid, JAG, non-profit organization, or a law firm that does no creditor work, or an employee of one. I am not a debt collector nor have I collected any consumer debts in the past 5 years. If I have ever acted as a debt collector, or worked at a law firm that collected debts, I have forwarded a written explanation to email@example.com. I have never defended, I am not defending, and I do not intend to defend consumer lawsuits, including FDCPA lawsuits.
- I will not sell, distribute, or duplicate any materials, media, forms, or other information obtained at the FDCPA Boot Camp, except as licensed for my professional use as described in the FDCPA Boot Camp brochure. Attending the FDCPA Boot Camp is not the grant of any license under the Copyright Act and I agree to abide by all copyright laws with respect to any materials I receive.
- I am not now nor have I ever been a member of NARCA, the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys, the Commercial Law League, ACA International, the ACA, the American Collectors Association, or any other group, organization, or entity which advocates for the interests of creditors, or attorneys, or organizations who collect consumer debts.
In making this application for the FDCPA Boot Camp, all of my representations have been true as indicated by my S/ signature on this page.
Please call us at (612) 379-8800 Immediately if you are having any trouble registering. Thank you.
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis University Area
2812 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Get the best available rate you can book at that hotel. There’s others in the area if you want to Uber in the morning, but this hotel is where the boot camp will be held. It’s a brand new hotel that provides breakfast and coffee in the morning and is right on the light rail line so you can head downtown in the evenings, etc. It’s very centrally located. Attendees should make all reservations directly with the hotel and direct any questions to them.
- Our days are very long, so come in a day early or stay a day later if you want to sightsee.
- Free WiFi available in the conference room.
- BE SURE TO BRING YOUR LAPTOP!
TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS FROM MSP AIRPORT: Uber to hotel from airport for about $21.00. Or, Blue Line LRT to Us Bank Stadium Station, then transfer to Green Line East to Prospect Park Station (toward St. Paul) for about $2.00. metrotransit.org
Daily Schedule, Brochures and Printable Application Form
These can be attached to any application for CLE credits you make. The larger brochure contains a schedule and detailed agenda. Be sure to read the CLE policy in the larger brochure. If you're registering by US Mail, please print this application out and send with your check as directed on the application.
Feedback from past attendees of the FDCPA Boot Camp
"It's a seminar on steroids." Anne M. Hansen, Esq.
I wanted to thank you guys again for providing this 2.5 day boot camp. I have 2 year old twins and a 3 month old at home. So making the decision to leave for a long weekend did not come easy. However, you guys did not disappoint! I’ve been on the fence for years regarding whether to actively pursue this area of the law. Listening to you guys and reading through the mound of material you provided helped me convince myself that I would enjoy suing debt collectors and that I can make a good living doing it. I think it is reasonable to believe that if I litigate cases for 30 more years I will not attend a seminar that is more practical or helpful than your FDCPA Boot Camp. I wish you guys the best of luck going forward. Thank you.
I attended the boot camp in San Diego last July, and just wanted to let you know what a great experience that was and thank you for the excellent job you did. It was really inspirational as a young lawyer to hear from a consumer advocate that was so confident about taking on debt collectors. I also really appreciated how you seem like a normal guy and are not some stuffy, arrogant, know-it-all Ivy leaguer, but still have had tremendous success in your practice. Working in legal services, I deal with a lot of lawyers that are terrified of filing lawsuits and going to court, so it was just great to listen to someone that is not that way. The sample pleadings you provided are fantastic. I recently settled my first FDCPA lawsuit, and am on the verge of settling another. I used your pleadings as a template in both cases. Getting good results in these cases has really made me look good in the eyes of my employer. So again, thank you for the great experience. I am glad you are out there fighting the good fight and providing education and inspiration to young attorneys like me.
I was ready to walk away from my solo practice after years of trying cases as a criminal defense lawyer. I attended Pete's Bootcamp and it inspired me to begin helping consumers. Two years later I have a three lawyer, three paralegal firm. I will never be able to thank Pete enough for what he taught me in three days. Helping consumers who are being beat up by debt buyers and debt collectors is not only rewarding, it is fun!
The FDCPA Boot Camp was a great three days! Pete Barry is definitely the hardest-working man in showbiz. I'm so full of ideas right now that I had to stop in the middle of my drive home in order to write this note from a hotspot. In the three hours since I left the bootcamp, I received four calls with excellent FDCPA or TCPA cases that I am going to put into suit in the next week. With what I just learned from Pete, I have five more clients to write asap. I'm not going to sleep tonight, I'm so thrilled. Thank you for hitting us so hard with information that my head is spinning. Every other CLE I've ever been to, frankly falls as third-rate, mediocre, and worthless in comparison to the Boot Camp. Whew.
I just settled my first FDCPA case pre-answer, and my client is thrilled with the outcome. The terms of the settlement agreement are confidential, but I can confirm that the Boot Camp paid for itself five times over based solely on the attorney fees I collected from this case. In other words, even if I never litigate another FDCPA case, the Boot Camp has already given me a 500% return on investment. While I hope to continue to represent consumers who suffered from FDCPA violations, one of the great things about the Boot Camp is that the knowledge Pete dispenses is transferable to other areas of litigation; the primary focus of my practice is representing plaintiffs in employment and civil rights matters, and I have successfully employed many of Pete's strategies to obtain favorable outcomes for my clients in several non-FDCPA cases. It is not an overstatement to say that the money I spent on the Boot Camp was the best investment I have made since I launched my solo practice, and I highly recommend the course to any litigator who represents consumer plaintiffs.
Since implementing the skills taught by Pete Barry at his FDCPA Boot Camp, we have quadrupled the recovery for our debt collection harassment cases.
The FDCPA Boot Camp was amazing. It is the best seminar I have ever been to in twenty five years of practicing law. I learned more in three days than I learned in the past ten years. The written materials were also incredibly informative and comprehensive. I have been home a little more than a week, I have received more than a dozen calls, and I have met with four potential clients. I am now just trying to figure out which cases I will put into suit first. Thanks for everything. I'm sure our paths will cross again.
The FDCPA Boot Camp is, without a doubt, the single most effective tool for getting up to speed on claims under the act and maximizing damages for your clients. This isn’t your typical lecture: Mr. Barry’s dynamic, in-your-face speaking and litigation style captivates your attention and inspires you to achieve.
The bootcamp has already paid for itself in terms of time and money saved. Pete gives you the tools you need to sue abusive debt collectors, and he genuinely wants to see other FDCPA lawyers succeed. The seminar, the toolkit and the war stories are exactly what you need to jump start an FDCPA practice. Pete is an invaluable resource, even after the bootcamp. Just do it. You won't regret attending the bootcamp. It's a seminar on steroids.
I highly recommend the boot camp. I was able to settle my first filed FDCPA case for $15,000 because I took the FDCPA boot camp and because of the great help I received from Pete Barry. I couldn't have done it without his help.
Buddy Rate Discount
A Buddy Rate of is available to the second qualified person attending the same FDCPA Boot Camp, who is from the same firm or living within 50 miles of another registered and fully paid boot camper. Only one Buddy Rate admission per regular paid attorney, please. The Buddy Rate is also available to Military JAG, Legal Aid, Public Sector, and Repeat Boot Camper attorneys. You must be a NACA, NACBA, Military JAG, Legal Services Corporation, or other consumer attorney to attend. Reserve your seat early as the the FDCPA Boot Camp fills quickly.
You may qualify for a discounted FDCPA Boot Camp registration fee if you meet these conditions and otherwise qualify to attend:
- You are either a Legal Aid attorney, a JAG attorney, Repeat Boot Camper or Buddy of another attorney who has already registered.
- If you are a Buddy, you work in the same firm as or live within 50 miles your Buddy attorney. Only one Buddy discount will be allowed per regular fully paid attorney.
- In order to qualify at the Buddy rate, the fully paid attorney must pay the full tuition price and may not apply any other discounts to her/his tuition.
- If you do not qualify for this discounted rate and you register in error, you will immediately pay the difference between this Qualified Discount Rate and the Full Registration fee.
- If you think you qualify, send me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the Subject Line "Request for Qualified Discount for FDCPA Boot Camp" and include all of the reasons that you believe you qualify. I'll verify these.
- If I determine that you qualify, I'll send you a link to register at the discounted rate.
- Thanks and I look forward to seeing you at the FDCPA Boot Camp.